Military Scholarships for Active Duty Personnel
Virginia College will help you earn your degree, even while you're on active duty. We go above and beyond to support our active duty students. Your team of advisors includes your own military student advisor along with representatives from admissions, financial planning and student services. Your team will help you determine the military education benefits you have earned. You will have their names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses so that you can reach them when you need help, and you can concentrate on the academics!
- As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges consortium (SOC), we follow the American Council for Education (ACE) guide for the award of transfer credit for military training.
- Virginia College accepts CLEP general examinations with a passing score of 50, CLEP subject examinations, DANTES subject standardized tests and College Board Advanced Placement exams.
- You can transfer up to 75% of the credits needed for your college degree.
- We understand deployments. If you are deployed and have successfully completed 75% of the course, we will give you a final grade and course credit. If you have completed less than 75% of the course, you will get a full refund.
Financial Aid: Military Scholarships and Education Benefits
- Military Tuition Assistance covers the cost of up to six courses per year. Our military student advisors can assist you to complete your application form.
- Many service members are eligible for military scholarships, such as the Virginia College Patriots Service Scholarship, which reduces the cost of tuition to the amount of Tuition Assistance. That means no money out of your pocket. If Tuition Assistance is not available from your branch of service, a tuition waiver equal to 50% of the current catalog published tuition will be available.
- Our military student advisors can help you determine whether you are eligible for either the Montgomery GI Bill or the Post-9/11 Military GI Bill, and will guide you through the application process. Either covers the cost of the Virginia College associate's, bachelor's or master's degree you are pursuing. Learn more about the GI Bill.
- Virginia College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, which provides additional financial support for educational expenses that exceed the amount covered by the Post-9/11 Military GI Bill tuition benefit.
Online Coursework Fits Into Your Active Duty Schedule
- The courses are 100% online. No final tests are required at a campus or commercial testing facility.
- Class books are delivered to your home or your duty station.
- You need to have your own computer or laptop. Everything else is included in the cost of tuition: books, software, technical support, career services—even a cap and gown if you want to walk during a graduation ceremony!
Find out more about earning your military education online while in active duty. Call 877-824-4245 to contact the Virginia College Military Student Center.
Why Virginia College?
Get your online degree from an Online Accredited College! Click below for more information: