Military Spouses and Dependents Education Benefits
If you are a military spouse or dependent, Virginia College will help you earn your degree. We go out of our way to support our military families, and help you seek out the military spouse education benefits that best suit you. Your team of advisors includes your own military student advisor along with representatives from admissions, financial planning and student services. Your team will answer your questions quickly and accurately. You will have their names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses so that you can reach them when you need help, and you can concentrate on the academics!
- Virginia College accepts CLEP general examinations with a passing score of 50, CLEP subject examinations, DANTES subject standardized tests and College Board Advanced Placement exams.
- You can transfer up to 75% of the credits needed for your college degree.
Financial Aid: Education Benefits for Military Spouses and Dependents
- As a spouse, son or daughter of a veteran or service member who has been injured, captured or is deceased as a result of service-related injuries, you may be eligible for financial support for your Virginia College degree or certificate program. Find out more about the Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program or contact the Virginia College Military Student Center.
- An eligible service member may transfer up to 36 months of education financial aid entitlement to dependents.
- Spouses are eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program if entitlement has been transferred. The Yellow Ribbon Program provides additional financial support for educational expenses that exceed the amount covered by the Post-9/11 Military GI Bill tuition benefit.
- With the Armed Forces Recognition Scholarship, all honorably discharged servicemembers serving before September 11, 2001, including inactive and retired, are eligible for a 15% reduction of tuition with proof of military service.
- The courses are 100% online. No final tests are required at a campus or commercial testing facility.
- Class books are delivered to your home.
- You need to have your own computer or laptop. Everything else is included in the cost of tuition: books, software, technical support, career services--even a cap and gown if you want to walk during a graduation ceremony!
Want to know more about financial aid for military spouses? Call 877-824-4245 to contact the Virginia College Military Student Center.
Why Virginia College?
Get your online degree from an Online Accredited College! Click below for more information: