Virginia College Career Training Scholarship for Working Parents
$500 Diploma Programs and $1,000 Degree Programs
- One or more dependent children under the age of 19
- A minimum of two years of employment. Exceptions may be made for outstanding single parents who are presently unemployed
- One letter of recommendation from an employer, plus one letter from a high school principal, counselor, teacher, or family minister
- A 300-word essay describing long-term career goals
- Graduated from an accredited high school more than 24 months prior to date of application
Credited one-third each of the first three terms of enrollment
Satisfactory attendance and 3.0 GPA maintained
If you are eligible and intend to apply for a Virginia College scholarship, please give your application to your admissions associate at least 30 days prior to the beginning of a quarter. The admissions associate will submit your application to the scholarship committee.
In order to be considered for a Virginia College scholarship, collect and submit these items to your admissions associate:
- Official high school transcripts
- Letters of recommendation
- Proof of need verified through Student Finance Office
- Application forms.
Online College Scholarship Committee
The membership of the Virginia College Scholarship Committee always includes at least two appropriate College officials. All decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final and based on:
- Prior academic success;
- Need for assistance;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Student essay; and, optionally,
- Personal interview with candidate.
For information on additional external scholarships, please visit http://corporate.ecacolleges.com/public/finances/
Why Virginia College?
Get your online degree from an Online Accredited College! Click below for more information: